Well when I woke up that morning I thought enough was enough!! this is now a few days in a row I have woke up to mouse droppings on our kitchen counters and in our drawers. I even thought I felt one run across my face while I was in bed a few weeks ago but just took it as I was loopy and too tired! Well its been confirmed we cant get around it we have mice! We do live in a really old home so I guess its to be expected, but it wont be tolerated!
So genius me rotfl decided to get a cat. I browsed the classified on craigslist for my area in hopes of maybe finding one that would be an inside outside cat. Well after looking all morning I found one I thought would be ideal, they even referred to this cat as a "MOUSER" I was so excited. and then I got a crappy message back saying that the cat called Cheez-It was gone =( So the hunt was on for another cat. I called my Mom to see if she had any strays out by her home... but that was a lil risky not knowing anything about them, so I turned to Elizabethtown Animal Control and I found 2 Hemmingway Cats that caught my eye. if you don't know these are cats with 6toes lol. I figured meh what the heck I wont commit to them but it couldn't hurt to go see right? well my Mom (cat lover) went with me and the kids. I couldnt decide. I liked one for its long soft fluffy hair and the other for its good behavior through its confinement behind bars. I never planned on taking 2. I only needed one to get the job done but then my Mother egged me on to take them both as they were brother and sister and it wouldnt be right to separate them lol. SO I took em both =D I must say I got VERY lucky they have amazing personalities. The kids carry them around, dress them up, chase them and constantly love them and not once have I seen any aggression from either of the cats. HOWEVER.... they are the smelliest cats I have ever been around in my life... puke! We have bathed them and plan to take them to the vet with out next paycheck to get their anal glands expressed b.c its horrid! they are not fixed but I have scheduled the date for the 28th of this month so who knows maybe the shelter vet can tell me what the cause for their smelliness is lol. When I got them they were names Mac & Roni. but I was having a hard time calling the girl Roni =P so when I seen the kids playing they called the boy "KING" and it stuck! so we are now calling the lil girl Anna, like in the book and Move the Kind and I. so here are our new smelly lil babies King & Anna!

No comments:
Post a Comment